Monday 7 May 2012

The racecourses




As some of you might know, lots of British people are passionate about horses. I met several people who own horses and ride regularly. Besides, there is also a very famous annual racecourse called “The Grand National” broadcast on TV all day long, where everyone can bet. I think this passion for horses is something typically British and that’s why having the chance to see live races was a unique opportunity that I wanted share.



I had the chance to go to the Ascot and Goodwood racecourses and I really enjoyed the unique atmosphere. It is particular because it is very posh and very animated at the same time. Women wear beautiful dresses with impressive hats, people drink champagne and smoke cigars but they also scream like “stuck pigs” once the race started. And I must confess, betting is quite addictive! I won £80 just by betting on a horse who had a french name ;). I also had the chance to be with horses' owners so I visited the training place which is quite amazing. If you've never been there, you should definitely go to enjoy a so british experience!





No comments:

Post a Comment